Experience The Sani Pass
Sani Pass > Lesotho.
We ascend the world famous Sani Pass for a private day trip into Lesotho. This is a unique private tour that is packed with beauty, culture, tradition and adventure.To top it off, we visit a Basotho village to enjoy a traditional home cooked meal and get a taste of traditional home-baked bread and home-brewed beer. No trip up the Sani is complete without a stop at the highest pub in africa for refreshments, before heading back down the pass.
PACKAGE DETAILS - R965.00 p/p
Day Trip: 08:00 to 16:00
A minimum of two people per trip.
This is a FULL SANI PASS DAY TRIP and we depart from a farming town of Underberg to Lesotho via Sani Pass daily at 8 am.
Overview of trip:
8:00 am. Depart from Underberg village, drive through Himeville village with a brief history of the two villages.
En-route to the Sani Pass border control you will have photo stops to capture and enjoy the beautiful nature and the majestic Drakensberg Mountains.
At the Sani Pass border control, passports will be stamped and you can use the rest rooms.
We then tackle the 8 km’s of the actual Sani Pass. Before reaching the summit, a welcomed tea or coffee stop is on the cards, before we negotiate the infamous hair pin bends of the “sani pass”. For many this is an exhilarating, stomach turning, hair raising BUT MOST majestic experience!
At 2873 m above sea level we stamp our passports at the Lesotho border post.
7 km Away we visit a Basotho village where your guide will give a talk on Lesotho and their culture. On the way we visit a motibo (shepherd’s hut) where we will have an interaction with these elusive and often misunderstood mountain men.
At the village your guide will then give a presentation on the country of Lesotho and you will also enjoy a very interesting Blanket Presentation.
After the presentation we then drive to the highest pub in Africa for lunch and refreshments before heading down the Sani Pass for Underberg. .
16:00 END OF TOUR.
- Private vehicle and guide
- Luxury vehicle with air conditioning
- Warm or cold beverages depending on the weather
- Early departure avoids tour traffic and allows time for other activities
- A visit to a Basotho village
- hike to a Motibo(shepherds shelter)to interact with these elusive mountain men
- Hike to the top of Black Mountain for a distant view of the highest peak
- Traditional Basotho Bread
- Blankets when cold
- Visit to the highest pub in Africa
- Refreshments and alcoholic beverages
- Special mementos of the trip
- Arrangements for special occasions i.e. proposals (request in advance)
- Sparkling wine; chocolates or other beverages